Jun

Butterflies are Free

I have left behind Face book and almost all forums and social media with the exception of my three blogs. The noise level just got to be too much. The level of stupidity, ignorance, arrogance, the endless hate, feuds is something that brings my spirit down and that’s something I won’t allow.

It is obvious to me that the human race is on the edge of some kind of reckoning and as it gets closer the noise level is increasing. Even driving on the freeways is an act of hate, and disrespect to innocent people. I have never seen in all my 50 years of driving seen such bad, mean dangerous driving and it gets worse every time I go out. If I didn’t drive defensively and watch my mirrors 360 at all times I’d be long dead. Thank the universe I’m smarter than they are.

But the same attitude floods religion, politics, and social media. I’m so tired of bullies.

Some of us just want to live peaceful, creative and intelligent lives. We don’t want to die or devote our lives to countries, flags or gods. We just want to love our families and friends. Love is the key word. To go in peace and love not to be caught up in bullshit of those very things I just listed. It’s a choice and a damn good one.

So I’m flying low under the radar of the hive of fools and creating my own reality. My friend Adam Savage meant what he said in his immortal words, “I reject your reality and substitute my own”, very wise words from a very wise man. It’s as real as anything else you can create.

Mary is reading me a book right now I highly recommend. It’s called “ButterFlies Are Free”. I would suggest to anyone that scoffs at the idea that time, space, and reality is flexible and not bound to any one perception of reality that they should read this science fact based study of reality first. Because little of what you may think is solid and real is. Not in the traditionally excepted but dated concept many if not most live by and have since the days public executions, but what science has learned about our alleged reality that for the most part 98 % of the population is completely unaware of.

When I first read Fred Alan Wolf’s Quantum Physics for Dummies in 1981 he was laughed at and so was I when I tried to tell people about it. Much the same as they did to Galileo when his telescope revealed we were wrong about the structure of the solar system. We weren’t the center of the universe. Oh what a shame.

Who’s laughing now?  Well not me. To me it’s just sad and when I was on face book if I posted what I’m writing now I’d be stoned to death, before you through the first stone at me research first. You might just learn that things are different than when you last checked.

LLAP

6 Responses to “Butterflies are Free”

1. 1 Warren Fahy
    June 16, 2019 at 1:31 pm

Good plan, Steve! If you guys want to have to good old fashioned fun, and escape to island of monsters that bright scientists have to race the clock to understand, you can always read my novel, FRAGMENT! Here’s an essay about it: https://www.powells.com/post/original-essays/fragments-of-pandemonium?fbclid=IwAR3pHf5rW2suSd8w_b0vHjjpssqzac7TMzsnlHYz8w_MD4nH9MpWFj1GZ28

My work is hopeful and optimistic.

Best,

Warren

p.s. That 2001 space station is the envy of model makers everywhere.

2. 2 John Ellis
    June 16, 2019 at 2:04 pm

I’m with you Steve, your comments about driving and creativity and physics and the state of the world remind me of two things: The term “Rat Race” (which came into popular use in the early 1950’s, and still resonates most days for me), and the unused epitaph Bruce Lee wrote for himself in 1967, “In memory of a once fluid man crammed and distorted by the classical mess”.

Interesting (and brief) read about the rat Race term on Wikipedia:

I hope you and Mary are well.

John

3. 3 Christopher W Rottiers
    June 16, 2019 at 2:09 pm

I hear you. I limit my driving now because I can’t stand the bad and disrespectful idiots on the road. I’ve told people on my social media sites that I don’t want their political opinions showing up on my newsfeed or I’ll unfollow them. I’ve already had to do this with several. I’m getting older and less tolerant of idiots. I’m with you Steve.

4. June 16, 2019 at 9:13 pm

Great words Steve!

Another great spirit once wrote:

Imagine there’s no countries
    It isn’t hard to do
    Nothing to kill or die for
    And no religion, too
    Imagine all the people
    Living life in peace
    You, you may say I’m a dreamer
    But I’m not the only one
    I hope someday you will join us
    And the world will be as one
    Imagine no possessions
    I wonder if you can
    No need for greed or hunger
    A brotherhood of man
    Imagine…

5. 5 jefftytoo
    June 16, 2019 at 10:08 pm

Hi Steve,

Fortunately I have not suffered the online slings and arrows you have (I stick with supportive groups and friends and still have some fun with it all, happily), but I don’t doubt your own hurtful experiences. You are absolutely right about the shocking danger driving has become however—I’ve seen the metamorphosis happen quickly—and all the rest of it too. I’m always happy to see you post your loving philosophy and back you 100%. Write on, man!

All the best, your sub buddy,
    Jeff

6. 6 George Daher
    June 17, 2019 at 8:04 am

I’ve noticed ever since Trump has been in office all the hate mongers who create drama for their own self gratification, have been coming out of the woodwork. “Entitled” white people calling the police on African Americans because of the color of their skin is wrong. Trump’s slogan should have been Make America Hate Again. All of these incidents be it on the highway or in public venues, is a sign that we are de-evolving. When are we going to wake up? When are we going to create the utopia that we saw in so many science fiction films and tv shows when we were children? Star Trek has been a big part of my life. There are hidden messages in all of the episodes if you really look hard, as are the Twilight Zone, and Outer Limits series. The hate that is so prevelant in this society will never get us to Mars, or move us toward a future where disease, war, famine, and prejudice are things of the past.