Aug

Social media, reflections, and what I’m building 8-8-18

So I am basically gone from Facebook, Onstellar, and the rest. In all the years of using it for self promotion it as yielded little fruit or lasting friendships I didn’t already have. I didn’t shut down the accounts but rather left them idle with the occasional post about something cool I’m working on. That’s it.

The “But Something is There” Indiegogo campaign I closed down yesterday. It was a joke and people clearly have no interest in a serious truthful show about my experiences with the UFO phenomenon. I found making up tall tales and embellishing the truth (or just plan out lying) sells best.

It will be released to the public for free on September 1st 2018. It’s a good demo reel for our studio and maybe if it gets seen more something more will come from it. One can only hope.

I am moving on to an all CGI animated film as a 40 minute short. I don’t need a crew or backers for that, I can do it all myself with all the computers and software I know how to use.

Above and beyond that I’m building another big glider. Working on the Laserblast gun and finishing the Iron Giant. After that we will be building more cool stuff as always.

In closing I’d like to thank my friend Adam Savage for surprising the heck out of me this week by sending me a replica Jack Aubrey (Master and Commander). Years ago I sent him and Aubrey belt buckle I had made by my dear friend Jim Boyle. 5 years later he sends me the sword. It’s asume and exact replica. A real sword just how they made them in the early 1800’s. I was blown away.

11 Responses to “Social media, reflections, and what I’m building 8-8-18”

1. 1 Warren Fahy
    August 9, 2018 at 7:17 am

Wish I could help.

Love ya.

Warren

2. 3 jefftytoo
    August 9, 2018 at 8:12 am

As I noted yesterday, still backing you, buddy. Emotionally at least. Hope to see you and Mary again soon…

3. August 9, 2018 at 12:10 pm

Perhaps you can turn your series into a documentary? You can do that on a micro-budget (like I do) and very little special effects would be needed. Just a thought and trying to help out. 😉 I’m BIG fan of your work and dedication to your craft. Keep up the inspiring work! 🙂

• August 9, 2018 at 12:47 pm

Jason thanks so much. I really appreciate that but it’s not ever going to be a documentary either. Bottom line is the so called UFO Community is largely like science fiction fans. They don’t really care about the actual research or true stories as much as they want another X-File. Don’t get me wrong I love X-Files.
      The people that take this seriously and “and want to know, not believe” are a minority. After beating this subject into the ground for decades I know this well. Still I thought there were still enough to make something like this work. But there isn’t. My book is the same way. Low numbers on sales. And all this after being on Coast to Coast radio which we all know reaches millions of people that are interested in UFO’s. And that wasn’t the show I did. I did many more.
      Even the forums on the subject mostly ignored me. Ignored the show. They’d rather worry about conspiracies stories and fear based warnings. They seem to thrive on it. So fine. I move on.
      The film will be released for free on Vimeo September 1st for all to see. Although it’s not mandatory I’m asking for donations to my PayPal account.
      If any of my friends would like to see it before that send me a email and I’ll send you a private link to the film. Thanks again Jason.

• August 9, 2018 at 1:04 pm

Gotcha and understood. I thought perhaps since Dan Aykroyd did his UFO documentary (which my wife and I thought was fascinating) that perhaps you could do one as well. But if you don’t want to go that route, I completely understand, as it’s YOUR vision. 😉 Anyway, I would like to see your film and would be willing to donate to see it. 🙂

• August 9, 2018 at 1:37 pm

Sent you an email Jason. Thank you.