Archive for February, 2017


Monday fun at SNG

Intesting day. The doctor dropped our first batch parts for the Cyclekarts and they are so nice I can’t wait to start the frames next.

I worked on the sub all day and the best I could do is redefine the details lost in the heavy amount of filling and sanding. With a bright light the details popped and I used a colored pencil and outlined them. Now I can weather and airbrush a paint job with highlight and shadow. This is my favorite part. Tomorrow she should be finished.

Worked on my little RC SE 5 biplane a bit more and got the radio gear in. She’s ready for a test flight.

Koby had a great idea for the Giant’s eyes and that is to use LCD screens with and animation that can change his eye color and change the eyelids in expression.



Friday wrap up cold week

The week was slow and cold. Never getting much over 55 in our bay made it a challenge  to paint anything. Finally on Friday the humidity dropped to normal and I was able to smooth preen the sub to a car body smoothness. Finally it’s ready for the weathering job and it’s finished.

Robot has been on hold while I fix every scratch and blend every part to the hull on the sub. It took all week.

Sameria and Giselle have nearly finished their sculpts so next week we mold them.

I got a new midget racer kit, (these have been out of print for 10 years)something I wanted as a kid but unfortunately before I could realize that dream by dad was killed. He had planned to get me started in midgets back in the 60s. So with this kit I plan to make a mold on the body and make a one piece slot car body. Then I’m going to build this great kit, trailer and all, for static display.

And I just about finished my ME 262 paint job. It bit bright in color but it will fade in time just like the real ones.

Next week no rain in the forcast and it warms up a bit. Looking forward to getting back to the Giant.

And oh yes! Our parts to build the Cyclekarts has arrived! I will show you all next week and another treat thanks to the wonderful Doctor Chris Landon!



Steady as she goes

Not much new to report. Working on molds for our TV pilot. Paulina’s first 1630 mold came out perfect. Giselle and I are about to mold the baby. I have been working on the sub for my client and I hope to do the real paint job today now that I have preened it to death all the small scratches and deformities.

And while I wait for putty to dry on the sub I have taken up some restorative work on my large ME 262. I have had this WW2 jet now for 4 years. She’s been a great flyer but I never liked the paint job it came with. That and some hanger rash I needed  to fix prompted me to repaint or at least improve on what they had. I just started but it’s looking better already.

Rosie is a smart dog and discovered the bean bag chairs. Talk about a CD (comfortable dog)!


Tuesday at the studio

Paulina got to make her first 1630 mold today. No more plaster or ultracal 30 with the mess, weight and other failings of using jypsum products. Needless to say she loved it and it makes it easy and fast to make a long lasting mold that can run any product in it. It is best for silicone prosthetics most of all.

I worked on Steve’s Valiant class submarine and got the masts started and a bit of the weathering started before the day ended.

Giselle is close to finishing our baby which shoots on stage on the 18th of March. After that we only have two days of shooting left and we are done shooting, “But Something is There.”

Isaac was in and worked hard on our edit which he tells me now is up to 50 minutes plus and that’s without the 3 days of shooting we have yet to add. We are in good shape for a very full hour long pilot!


Friday rap up…

It rained very hard. Everyone was crashed out on the bean bag chairs in my show room-edit bay where it’s nice a cozy. But me? I was hard at it in the damp and cold oblivious and absorbed into my Iron Giant. I was hell bent on getting the torso all roughed out.

Last we left off I  finally arrived at a geometric plan that worked for the complicated arm pit and back. It would be a simple task then to mirror the same geometry for the opposite side. It was for the most part but there were little stops along the way. A tweak here and a cheat there but all and all it sorted itself out well I think.

What’s  left is to do the shoulder orbits. I have one out of foam on one side and another out of MDS. The foam seems to be the right thickness.

More on this Monday. Enjoy your weekend.



Concept poster by Paul Butcher

I was searching Google for our show and this came up. I would have never seen it if I hadn’t. I remember well when Paul shOwed me the pencil scetch for this but never the poster.

Wow. He is such a talented artist and I just love this as I do all his art. What a great job Paul! Thank you!



One of my favorites-Friday music video

February 2017

Enter your email address to subscribe to this blog and receive notifications of new posts by email.

Join 328 other followers