Jun

Garage 9

12 Responses to “Garage 9”

1. 1 Bob Lewis
    June 22, 2012 at 3:58 pm

This Daedalus class ship is really growing on me the more I see of it. Simple, functional, utilitarian. Quite beautiful! Almost if Star Trek had been a ’50s series, it’s not hard to imagine this being the ship we’d have seen!

2. 2 Lou (Aztek Dummy)
    June 22, 2012 at 4:29 pm

Steve,
    you’ve moved a lot quicker on this than I was thinking you would. Do you still need window masks?
    I was hoping to make up a CARE package with those and the rebel logo for the A wing base.

• June 22, 2012 at 7:03 pm

Lou hey! Ah a bit late for the window masks I have to rap this model this weekend. Big things coming down from Space Command o make room for but that rebel mask? You bet Lou because I’m diving into Richards model on Sunday. Thanks so much!

3. June 22, 2012 at 4:39 pm

Those badges look great, Steve! Thanks!

4. 6 evil_genius_180
    June 22, 2012 at 5:44 pm

Awesome stuff. I love this ship. I think it’s a great design by Matt Jefferies and I’m glad it got some screen time, even if it was just a set piece in Sisko’s office. But that’s better than nothing.

BTW, about 6 years ago, I was almost always getting the red and green nav lights mixed up. Though, admittedly, this is easier to fix in CGI. 😉 But, I’d always have people at Scifi-Meshes pointing that out to me. It took a while, but I finally programmed my brain as to which side had which color. 😉

5. 8 Steve J
    June 22, 2012 at 9:04 pm

Looking good Steve. On those bussards, if the white blinkers overpowering the red LEDs is a concern you might try painting the blinkers with Testors red paint. Presto! Red (or at least red-ish) blinkers! You could also paint them orange.

6. 10 Steve J
    June 22, 2012 at 10:52 pm

Pink eh? Well we woudln’t want THAT I guess. Carry on sir.

7. June 22, 2012 at 11:58 pm

The model is looking great. So when do we start getting episodes of Rosie And Her Very Filthy Bed? 😀

8. June 23, 2012 at 6:56 am

Bussards, buzzards, braziers. You know when you have been modeling a little long, when bussards look like braziers.

Thanks Steve, you have mentioned me so much I feel like I need a screen credit.