Apr

The last big Enterprise kit rolls out

Well it’s the end of the road . The molds are on the way out and it’s time to save them in case of a customer build of my own model.

Got 12 out and some extra parts along the way. So it was a good run. Plus if you watch all three parts you’ll know exactly why they cost so much. It’s exhausting work to say the least. No more big kits for me made of fiber glass!

11 Responses to “The last big Enterprise kit rolls out”

1. 1 Greg
    April 27, 2012 at 12:13 am

Well, it’s a sad day in the annals of the Big E.
    I watched all the videos and it seems it only took about 20 minutes to do all the fiberglass. πŸ™‚
    I do happen to know what this work is like. Years ago I worked at a fiberglass plant, for ONE day. I
    couldn’t take it any more than that. In fact, I was ready to leave by noontime. I couldn’t see how a person could
    stand the toxic smell day after day.
    By the way, I know you cover the primary color but is there some reference to the other colors used on all the different parts. I hope to start before too long, at least on the windows and get the main structure put together. I’ve watched the videos a number of times and will a few more times so I am fully aware of what I’m doing, since this isn’t the kind of work I’m familiar with.
    I’m Certainly glad I didn’t wait to get one of these. I can imagine my disappointment if it had been Too late. One last thing, you make dreams come true.

2. April 27, 2012 at 2:13 am

Am I the only one having trouble viewing these videos? I started watching the top one earlier and it wasn’t downloading as quickly as videos normally do. Then it kept stopping and the video would pause when it caught up with what was doanloaded before resuming the download. I had this problem the other day trying to watch your Voyager build videos. It’s not may internet connection, because YouTube is the only site acting this way. 😦

3. 7 BB43MAN
    April 27, 2012 at 2:18 am

While watching you demold those smaller parts I really thought you were gonna rip the molds! What material do you use for the molds? Mine always starts to rip after about 12 castings or so. That being said, what a great ride the Big E was for you and I’m happy they all went to good homes. I wish I could have afforded one! πŸ˜€ What’s next, Sir? …..a 1/1 scale shuttlebay? LOL!!

• April 27, 2012 at 2:26 am

1065 or GI 1000 from BurmanIndustries.com I was thinking of building two scratch Normandy space craft from Mass Effect. I do have a Star Grazer inbound as well. That will keep things busy for awhile.

4. 9 Carwyn
    April 27, 2012 at 4:40 am

as I understand it Starfleet only managed to get 12 out. So somewhere out there is a fleet of 12 Neil connies somehow that makes me feel happy.

5. April 28, 2012 at 12:11 am

Did you make another one, for yourself, to stow away in case something unfortunate were to happen to your current Big E? If I were to go through the intense work involved with birthing that beauty, and then if it were to be “totalled” in some kind of accident, and I had no back up… man, I would weep.

6. April 28, 2012 at 12:44 am

No but I could make any damaged parts from my molds.

steve