Feb

Nautilus Build Video Three

11 Responses to “Nautilus Build Video Three”

1. 1 evil_genius_180
    February 21, 2012 at 8:03 am

Looking great, Steve. I like the rust color you came up with, it looks very rusty. 🙂

Though, if memory serves, the Nautilus in the book was described as being black, I wonder why Disney decided to change that when they did the film.

2. 2 Soddittohell
    February 21, 2012 at 12:24 pm

I’m on the hunt for some Bondo Glazing and spot putty. I tried to get some shipped via the net but the cost was criminal so I’m doing it the old fashioned way using my eyes and plenty of walking.

3. February 22, 2012 at 2:18 am

Good luck Sodit! They must have something like it in the UK.

Thanks Chris. Th pictures for some reason don’t show the model as it really looks in person. Video either. Something about the way the cameras deal with exposing the silver, it doesn’t look quite so tiger shark like.

4. February 22, 2012 at 2:20 am

Oh Chris it would have been a filming nightmare in those low ASA days. I guess they figured it was made of iron.

• 5 evil_genius_180
      February 22, 2012 at 4:32 am

Yeah, that was what I figured too. But, I’ve also seen the Nautilus in other films and nobody seems to ever do it black (unless they do so in films I haven’t seen.) But, that’s what they call artistic license. 😉

I really need to buy some Jules Verne novels. This has really gotten me in the mood to re-read some of those. 🙂

5. 6 Soddittohell
    February 22, 2012 at 9:08 am

I couldn’t find any bondo spot putty but I what I did find was some “151 all purpose filler” which seems to be similar it comes out of the tube like toothpaste takes about 2 hours to set solid (depending on how thick it is) it fills and sands easily and a 180ml tube cost £1 so for that money I can’t really complain.

• February 22, 2012 at 10:48 pm

Good news. Oh could I have a name? Sodit although funny isn’t something I like to call someone being from a UK family here in the US most of us yanks fail to understand the true meaning of Sod. LOL! That’s right I married a Brit and so the British Empire. you should see my home you’d share it was the UK. Doilies galore!

6. February 24, 2012 at 4:14 pm

Looking good Steve! This is inspiring me to do some modeling. What kind of airbrush you using on the Nautilus?