Nov

Day 14 on the chair

How does it feel. Well not like sitting in any other chair of course but it’s comfortable and the impact of what it truly is I have hasn’t hit me yet. It’ hard to take in. for years I wanted both a big model of the enterprise and the chair. Now that I have them both it feels odd. But as I make the short it will sink in I guess.

I truly appreciate all the help I’ve had and support. Bruce Boyd was awesome!
Ted coming over yesterday was the cherry on top. what a truly nice day it was.

Today I refinished the arms. Took off all that goo that was on it. The clear after a few days was like tar. So I scraped it all off and sanded them down again. Stained them again and went to town on them with colored pencils.

They need a clear coat but I’m going to let them dry several days before I do this time. They are fixed to the the chair with the pegs properly.

Video is on the upload. A long one this time. Lots of fun stuff and me complaining about California banning everything. Lacquer thinner for one thing I did fine after the video at Home Depot. but I ma told it will be made illegal in CA soon. Hmmm…

Here’s a couple of pictures of the finished chair with the refinished arms.

____________

9 Responses to “Day 14 on the chair”

1. 1 Jeff Porteous
    November 7, 2011 at 12:04 am

Wow, Steve! Beautiful! All it needs is an unnoticed tribble on the seat! (I can supply if necessary. I’ve made them to David Gerald’s specific written directions. Got a big can of lacquer thinner too, should you ever need some….)

Congrats!

Jeff

2. 3 Jim
    November 7, 2011 at 12:52 am

That is just the best Steve. What are your plans for it?

Great Job!

Jim

3. November 7, 2011 at 3:54 pm

Stunning. The pencil work appears to be paying off – nice touch. Know what you mean about CA – years ago, when I lived there, i wanted to re-gelcoat a fiberglass boat. Nope. Would have had to go to Nevada to have it done.

4. 5 Chris
    November 7, 2011 at 5:53 pm

Excellent Steve!

5. 6 Kavinsky
    November 9, 2011 at 11:55 pm

Looks great and I’m glad to see Im not the only one whos always wanted to do something like this, although for me its gotta be the Captain’s chair they had on the enterprise for the first 3 movies.

6. 8 Kavinsky
    November 10, 2011 at 8:09 am

Oh Kirks Captains chair from the first 3 movies, this one behind sulu’s and savaks station

7. November 16, 2011 at 12:15 am

DAMMIT STEVE!!! COME TO TEXAS!!! WE’LL SELL YOU LAQUER AND LIQUOR!!!