24
May
11

Daedalus molds finished

Not much to tell today. Removed the molds from the boards and cleaned them up. Added a barrier of clay and brushed up a thin layer of silicone. The green is a different silicone I used to thicken up the edges and thin corners. I ran out of the other blue silicone.

Once the silicone set up I remove the clay and added clay over the the edges of the Ultracal to aid in venting over low of Alumilite and to relieve surface area. Keys were made with a router bit and drill.

Then I poured up Ultracal 30 to back the silicone. I will let these sit until Wed. when I can open them. Thursday I’ll run three kits. One as a master to put away. One to build for ads, instructions, video and my own pleasure. Another as a gift to Doug Drexler.

More on Wed.

Steve

__________________

0 Responses to “Daedalus molds finished”



  1. Leave a Comment

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out /  Change )

Google photo

You are commenting using your Google account. Log Out /  Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out /  Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out /  Change )

Connecting to %s


May 2011
M T W T F S S
« Apr   Jun »
 1
2345678
9101112131415
16171819202122
23242526272829
3031  

Enter your email address to subscribe to this blog and receive notifications of new posts by email.

Join 327 other followers


%d bloggers like this: