28
Jan
11

New dome cap…

So I spent the day making the new dome cap. Entirely Styrene this time. Went to the local hobby store and through my scrap. Stacked styrene and glued it together. Band saw cut both angled and straight. Sand. Smooth. There’s still the putty pointing to do yet but I have the part finally and it’s correct.

My good friend is bringing by some much needed styrene foam tonight and I’ll cut the nacelles tomorrow. I’ll show you set by step how it’s done. I also go into great detail about this stuff with CGI illustrations I did in my book which is on my web site.

More tomorrow.

Steve

__________________

0 Responses to “New dome cap…”



  1. Leave a Comment

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out /  Change )

Google photo

You are commenting using your Google account. Log Out /  Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out /  Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out /  Change )

Connecting to %s


January 2011
M T W T F S S
« Dec   Feb »
 12
3456789
10111213141516
17181920212223
24252627282930
31  

Enter your email address to subscribe to this blog and receive notifications of new posts by email.

Join 327 other followers


%d bloggers like this: