Feb

It’s finished!!!!!!!

Here’s some pictures. I’ll do a walk around video tomorrow and some daylight pictures.

Be sure to click on the small pictures for a larger one!

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

OK. The big VIIC German U-boat is up next. It gets a dunk in the pool. Trimmed and tested. But this model is so large I will only be able to go forward and backward. And I can dive but to turn she needs a bigger pool or the lake.
Anyone have a big ass pool in the LA area I can use??? Let me know.

10 Responses to “It’s finished!!!!!!!”

1. 1 Mike
    February 26, 2010 at 6:19 am

What a piece of work. Is the hull coloration from decals applied? In one of the photos it seems like one pie-slice of the disc has a mottled look but the rest looks pristine.

Mike

2. 3 Kerry Addington
    February 26, 2010 at 1:25 pm

Steve,
    That is one awesome refit. Really nice.
    Hey, no need to test that U-boat, you know it works!
    Time to get crackin’ on that 57″ !
    Best weekend and thanks again for taking the effort to share and inspire,
    Kerry

• February 26, 2010 at 7:19 pm

Kerry I wish that was true but the VIIC has more wires, plumbing and electronics than the space shuttle and it all has to be tested in the water. not to mention the trim!

Glad you liked the Enterprise. Thanks very much.

3. 5 Dani
    February 27, 2010 at 12:51 pm

Amazing job! I love that first picture… the angle is really dramatic… at least to me. Keep up the good work! Would you mind if I posted that picture (with credit of course) on my facebook, so my friends can see it as well?

4. March 14, 2010 at 3:44 am

Thanks Dani but they can at these too locations:

and

Thanks a bunch,

steve

5. October 12, 2012 at 9:13 am

this is off subject.I’d like to know where I can get the plans to build a u-boat like the one you built.Ive always wanted to build a u-boat,a big u-boat. thanks Bruce B